How to Add Social Media Icons in Blogger
It finally dawned on me that I could use similar steps that are based off a post I found from @moneysavingmom's site about creating your own blog header.
Hope this helps any other new bloggers out there!
1.Open a Photobucket account if you don't already have one. (Make sure your account is set to Public).
2. Download the social media icons you would like on your blog. Here a couple articles with really nice icons/icon packages that you can download for free:
33 Beautiful Social Media Sets for Designers and Bloggers
The Best Social Media Icons All in One Place
3. Upload the icons to your Photobucket account.
4. Open up a blank text file or word document. Note: You don't have to do this step, but I did it to help me through the process.
5.In Photobutcket, navigate to one of the icons you want to use. Click in the box next to HTML code and paste it into a word or text document. (See image below - It's Slater from Saved by the Bell. Yummy!)
7. Go to Design in Blogger and click Add Gadget.
8. Select the HTML/JAVA SCRIPT gadget.
9. Copy and paste in your HTML code from your word or tect doc of the icon(s) you want to display on your blog in the Content section. For the title, be creative - put 'Stalk Me' or 'Follow Me' or whatever you want (maybe just leave it blank).
10.Click Save and ta da! You should now have social media icon(s).
For resident experts, did I do it the hard way? Do you have any tips about adding social media icons?
If you like this post, you might also like How to Make a Contact Me Form in Blogger.